First look at the new Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile App
Microsoft’s new mobile app for Dynamics 365 Sales is now available in public preview, before it gets released to general availability soon. The app is specifically designed for core sales scenarios and serves as an alternative to the primary Sales interface; a model-driven app that adapts to smartphones, tablets, and desktops. Although creating an app focused on salespeople’s mobility might seem counter-intuitive in a time when many employees are based from home, Microsoft has created this app to optimise sellers time and increase productivity from wherever they are working. Whether that is from the office, in the car, working from the dining table or moving around the house, salespeople need to stay on top of their deals and get tasks done quickly.
A preview feature is a feature that is not complete but is made available before it’s officially in a release, so customers and partners can test and provide feedback. Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have limited or restricted functionality.
Main highlights of the Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile App:
- Provides an intelligent, intuitive mobile experience that makes it easy to access customer information with relevance search.
- Optimised home page to display upcoming meetings and recently viewed records.
- Prepare in advance for customer engagements by viewing meeting details, attendees, and their responses from Outlook along with the related data for which the appointment is tracked (e.g. opportunity title, estimated revenue, estimated closed date, pipeline phase, notes, and AI-generated reminders).
- Log and share information using native device capabilities and simplified forms. Details can be captured in notes using the device’s keyboard or voice-to-text capabilities, and can include attachments and images taken with the device’s camera.
- Capture new information after meetings by adding notes, creating contacts, and updating data in relevant records, whilst on-the-go.
When will the Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile App be generally available?
At the time of writing this article, Microsoft has not yet released a date for general availability of the mobile app. However, the next release plans (2021 Release Wave 1) are due to be published from the 27th January, so there should be an update within this.
What devices can the Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile App be installed on?
The Sales Mobile app preview can be installed on iOS and Android devices.
How to enable the Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile App for preview:
Before you can test the app, it must be enabled by a system administrator. Go into your Dynamics 365 Sales area -> System Settings and in there, you will see an option to turn on the preview mobile app. Select ‘yes’ to agree to the terms and conditions and click ‘OK’. Once this is complete, sellers can then install it on their iOS and Android devices.