The Pragmatiq Team get active for ‘Move with MacIntyre’
Throughout March, the Pragmatiq Solutions team will be getting active for ‘Move with MacIntyre’ in support of the MacIntyre charity.
National charity, MacIntyre, is encouraging people to ‘Move with MacIntyre’. They recognise the benefits of staying active for mental and physical wellbeing, aswell as using the opportunity to raise awareness and fundraise for their cause.
So, what do MacIntyre do?
MacIntyre provides support and care for over 1,200 children, young people and adults with learning disabilities and autism at our schools, academies, day and registered services. They are based in Milton Keynes, however, they support people right across the country.
An overview of just some of the areas MacIntyre support:
- Employment – Whether it’s a full-time or part-time role, paid or volunteering, MacIntyre encourages the people they support to fulfil their personal aspirations and play an active role in their community. For many people, working isn’t just about earning money. Employment plays a big part in meeting new people, learning new skills and feeling valued as part of society. Find out more about MacIntyre Employment here.
- Supported Living– MacIntyre recognises that having the opportunity for many of the people they support to have their own tenancy and live as independently as possible is very important. To achieve this, they work closely with individuals, families, community groups, housing providers and employers to offer a wide range of flexible, innovative and person-centred support solutions to promote independence and encourage people to have choice and control over their own lives. Find out more about MacIntyre Supported Living here.
- MacIntyre School – The school provides excellent education and care for children and young people aged between 10 and 19, with severe learning difficulties, autism and other complex needs. Find out more about MacIntyre School here.
Throughout the pandemic, many of the people MacIntyre support have been shielding and have used exercise to keep motivated over the last year, whether that be climbing the stairs, getting out in the garden or dancing in the kitchen.
How are the Pragmatiq team getting involved?
The Pragmatiq Team are getting involved in a variety of ways…
– We have put together a ‘running club’ – a group of us run 3x a week and are making good progress. This also encourages us to get out of the house whilst working from home and get moving!
– Jess is aiming to run 20 miles throughout March
– James aims to walk the dog every day
– Daiana aims to get out for a walk each day
– Sam takes his kids to the park each weekend alongside walking as a family a couple of times a week – two young, energetic kids is constant exercise!
How can you support us?
– To find out more about MacIntyre and the brilliant work they do, you can visit their website here.
– To find out how you can get support MacIntyre, click here.
– To support the ‘Move with MacIntyre’ campaign, you can donate directly here.
In September, we will be participating in the 10k at Bedford Running Festival and fundraising on behalf of MacIntyre. Over the coming months, most of the team will be getting in practice for this so ‘Move with MacIntyre’ is a great opportunity to kick things off